How to borrow a license from a license server in a terminal on Windows
- Open a Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
In the command prompt, type in the following command to install the license validation (anchor) service:
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom [Product Name] [Version] [Edition]\win64\bin\LicenseWizard.exe --console --install-anchor-win
Type in the following command to borrow a license from the server:
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom [Product Name] [Version] [Edition]\win64\bin\ClientActivation.exe -batch -served -comm soap -commServer <port@license server> -entitlementID <product code> -expiration <dd-mmm-yyyy>
- Replace <port@license server> with the port number and hostname or IP address of the license server, separated by an @ symbol. If the license server is not configured to use a specific port, simply type an @ symbol followed by the host name or IP address of the license server.
- Replace <product code> with the same product code as the one of the license that is activated on the license server.
- Follow <dd-mmm-yyyy> with the date at which you want the borrowed license to expire, with the month specified by its short (three letters) name (ie: apr for April).
- You can also replace the -expiration parameter with the -duration parameter followed by the desired duration time of the license, in seconds. For example, to borrow the license for a day, you can put -duration 86400.
If successful, the utility will output the message ACTIVATION REQUEST SUCCESSFULLY PROCESSED followed by the name and version of the product, the fulfilment ID and the expiration date of the borrowed license.
Article is closed for comments.