- Open a Terminal.
In the terminal, type in the following command to install the license validation (anchor) service:
> sudo /usr/local/ToonBoomAnimation/[product name][Edition]_[version]/lnx86_64/bin/LicenseWizard --console --install-anchor
Type in the following command to generate your activation request:
$ /usr/local/ToonBoomAnimation/[product name][Edition]_[version]/lnx86_64/bin/ServerActivation -batch -served -entitlementID <product code> -gen <request filename.xml>
- Replace <product code> with the full product code for your product, including the dashes
- Replace <request filename.xml> with the path and name of the XML file in which you want to save your activation request.
The utility will generate a license request file in XML format, in the specified location and with the specified file name.
- You will now need to send the license request file to Toon Boom by email. If your machine has no internet access, use a removable storage device to move the request file to a machine that has internet access.
- In an email client, write a new email and add the activation request to it as an attachment. Then, send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait for the response. You will typically receive your response within one business day.
- The response will have a license file attached. Download this license file.
- If your product is on a different machine than the one you use to send and receive email, use a removable storage device to move the license file to the machine on which the product is installed.
In a terminal, type in the following command:
$ sudo /usr/local/ToonBoomAnimation/[product name][Edition]_[version]/lnx86_64/bin/ServerActivation -batch -process <response file.xml>
Replace <response file.xml> with the path and name of the XML response file you received by email.
If successful, the utility will output the message ACTIVATION REQUEST SUCCESSFULLY PROCESSED followed by the name and version of the product, the fulfilment ID and the expiration date of the activated license.