This error occurs when License Wizard is not able to communicate with the license server. If you are attempting to activate your product by signing in to your Toon Boom account or by entering your product code in the Internet Activation dialog, your machine must have a direct connection to the Internet for the activation procedure to be successful.
The following are typical causes for License Wizard to fail contacting the license server:
- Your computer has a problem with its Internet connection. Check that your network connection is in order and that you can load a website in a web browser.
- Your computer is configured to connect to the Internet through a proxy. To activate your product, you should temporarily allow your computer to connect to the Internet directly.
- Your firewall or network is configured to block access to the Internet or to non-whitelisted sites. Make sure that your firewall allows outgoing connection through port 443 and that access to licensing.toonboom.com is allowed.
- The license server is too busy. This occurs if many users try to activate simultaneously and is only temporary. You can try activating your product again and see if it works.
Once a product is activated, its license will remain valid until its expiration, even if you do not have Internet access. Hence, you can re-enable your proxy, firewall or internet filtering settings once the activation is successful. However, you will to re-enable direct access to the Toon Boom license server if you need to activate a product again.
Likewise, if you have a monthly or yearly desktop subscription, License Wizard needs to renew your license at the end of every subscription period. This also requires direct access to the license server through the Internet. Hence, if you have issues renewing your license at the end of your subscription period, make sure that you disable your proxy and allow connections to the license server or to the Internet, then try again.
If you want to activate a product code on a machine that cannot be given access to the Internet, you can activate your product code by email:
- If you have a single user license, see Activating a Local License via Email.
- If you have a server license, see Activating a Server License via Email.