This error typically occurs on macOS if there is a permission problem with the license activation service. You can try to fix this by running a very simple fix utility that re-installs the activation service.
- Log-in to an account with administrator privileges.
Download the package at the following location:
- Open a Finder window.
- Go to your Downloads folder.
Double-click on Toon Boom License Repair.zip to extract the app from the archive.
The Toon Boom License Repair app will appear in the directory.
- Double-click on the Toon Boom License Repair app to run it.
You will be prompted with the following message:
This utility will re-install the activation service for Toon Boom applications. Do you want to proceed?
Click on Yes.
You will be prompted to confirm allowing the utility to make changes to your computer.
- In the User Name field, enter the user name of an account with administrator privileges.
- In the Password field, type in the password for that account.
Click on OK.
The process will start and may take a few seconds, then the utility will display a report of what it did. Don't close the report dialog right away.
- Using License Wizard, attempt activating your product again, following the same procedures as before.
If you are able to activate your product, the problem is fixed. If you are still getting an error, you can contact support at the following address. Make sure to explain to them the problem and the steps you have tried to follow so as to allow them to assist you as quickly as possible. Also, in the report dialog, click on View Full Log to open the full log of the repair utility, in case this information could be useful to the support team.